Let's be honest, if you're like myself you're thinking about breakfast before you even go to bed the night before... & you're definitely thinking about breakfast during your morning workout. I've been asked a lot lately what I eat after my morning workouts and I'm so excited to share my absolute favorite combo with you all.
I have always been a smoothie lover since childhood but I let the classic Blender Bottle with water & chocolate protein stand in my way over the past couple of years. It wasn't until recently (with inspo from Jeannette Ogden aka Shut The Kale Up and my sweet top-notch-smoothie-makin' little sister) that I hopped back on the smoothie train. Most mornings after workouts if I'm not hungry enough for eggs, sautéed mushrooms, and avocado toast - I'LL MAKE THIS.
This is what I like to call my Green & Go Smoothie, on top of Honey Power-O's, topped with one of my homemade Cashew Bliss Balls.
LET'S TALK ABOUT PERFECTION.
Green & Go Smoothie:
- 3/4 frozen banana
- approx. 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower
- approx. 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/4 fresh peach
- 1 Scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Whey
- 1 Scoop Navitas Wellness Superfood Boost
- Dash of cinnamon
- Small squeeze of honey
- 2 TBS Chia Seeds
Place all ingredients in your 24 oz Nutri Ninja cup, frozen fruit/veggies + cashew milk first. Blend until smooth!
Cashew Bliss Balls:
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1.5 cups pitted medjool dates
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS cacao powder
- 1 TBS Buddy's Honey Peanut Butter (from Sprouts)
- 1.5 TBS Coconut Oil
- 1 Scoop ital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Whey
- 2 Scoops Navitas Wellness Superfood Boost
- Blend all in food processor, nuts first
- Form into small balls, lightly sprinkle with sea salt
- Refrigerate until solid
- Good for one week in the fridge!